Click here to visit ...

Friday, March 04, 2011

Inspiration Friday

With a new year, how about we make a few little changes to our Inspiration Friday posts? This year, you pick your inspiration reference! There are lots of places to find inspiration. Photo's, magazines, fabric, nature, patterns, textures...Have a really good look at the little things around you, and make something - anything at all. The whole point is to get you out of your comfort zone, and experiment with new beads, materials, found objects, ephemera - anything you can find!

We'd love to see what you come up with. Send us a picture of your new creation, along with a pic, or description of your inspiration reference.  Send it to contest@beadfx.com with the subject line "Inspiration Friday"

If you have a personal blog, or etsy/artfire/bigcartel type site - send us a link to that as well!

Nathalie sent us pics of two absolutely gorgeous  rings this week.

My latest inspiration has been what is sitting on my bench.

I really needed to clean it up, but in doing so, I kept thinking "Oh, I could use this part to make a ring" and after grabbing several various parts, I created a couple of "Bench Rings". I call them Bench Rings because they were designed using only things that were sitting out on my bench. It's a great way to clean up and make things at the same time!

The first one features a lovely Pink Botswana Agate with copper and brass rivets /accents, a sterling silver chain, sterling jump rings, etc, that I had sitting out.

The second ring features a very neat Peruvian Blue Opal cab, set in a Fine Silver bezel with sterling accents, and sitting on a thick PMC3 textured band.

Both rings are listed in my Canadian Rockies Art Studio on ArtFire if you want to see more pictures and get detailed information: http://www.CanadianRockiesArt.ArtFire.com

TGIF!
Cheers,
Nathalie







My inspiration this week is rusty, time worn, mossy, dug out of the earth kinda things. I really think I can play on this theme for quite some time.

None of these are technically finished. I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with them yet. The necklace is not 'done' yet either. I think this pendant wants to be part of something larger, or patinated - we'll see.

Copper, fine silver, verdigris patina.

MissFickleMedia Heat Patina's on copper clay

Bronze, and fine silver metal clay.
Have a great weekend all!

No comments: